« BACK | HOME
Digital Tachograph for Operators
You can see our Digital Tachograph products here ».
*NEW* Free Guide to Digital Tachographs - DOWNLOAD TODAY!
What do I need? - The basics.
- Driver smart card - Drivers digital smart cards are required to operate a digital tachograph. Driver cards record the activity of a driver when the card is inserted into the digital tachograph unit in the vehicle. The data recorded is very similar to analogue charts, in that it records driving time, rest periods, other work and periods of availability (POA).
- Company card - the company card acts as a “key” which is needed to access the details stored on the VU (Vehicle Unit). It also enables operators to ‘lock out’ data stored on a VU when a vehicle is sold, or transferred. This card cannot be used as a driver card.
- These cards are available from the DVLA and are currently priced at £32 each. To obtain an application form contact the DVLA on 0300 7906109 or they are available for collection from local DVLA or DVSA offices.
- All digital tachographs are fitted with a printer to allow print outs of information. This may be needed at the roadside for inspection by DVSA or the Police, or if the driver card fails. The requirements are that there should be sufficient paper available to produce a print out for inspection at the roadside. It is recommended that drivers carry a spare digi roll, in addition to the roll in the printer.
- Driver card reader - allows the data from the driver's card to be downloaded and stored.
- VU Download key - allows the data from the vehicle unit to be downloaded and, will allow data storage in a suitable format for inspection by the authorities if required.
- Download Software - allows data from both the driver card and the VU to be reviewed and stored in a format suitable for inspection by the authorities. (Check computer requirements)
- You may choose to have your driver data analysed to ensure that drivers are conforming to the driver's hour's rules, the WTD and all the undertakings specified within operator licence requirements. Tachograph Analysis is available without any contracts or commitments and will provide all the information needed to ensure you maintain a legal operation.
Buy Online from GB Tachopak
All the equipment required to download, analyse and store Digital Tachograph data, is available from GB Tachopak. Please don’t hesitate to contact the team to discuss your requirements further.
GB Tachopak can be contacted on telephone 01472 210102
« BACK | TOP | HOME